There are various exercises that can be done in order to reduce weight and maintain the fitness level of the body. Swimming is one of the most popular exercises especially during the summer heat. This exercise has various benefits, some of which are mentioned below:
- Swimming is one of the exercises which helps reduce weight in a relatively shorter period of time as compared to others. For example, 30 minutes of swimming has the potential to burn up to 350 calories which is relatively more than the number of calories burned through 30 minutes of walking.
- Helps reduce stress levels.
- Swimming improves muscle strength as the muscles have to work harder in order to push through water during different swim strokes.
- Blood circulation is improved in all parts of the body as swimming is an exercise that involves the entire body. This is one of the reasons places such as fitness camp Thailand promote swimming to lose weight.
- For people with joint problems or bone problems, swimming is an effective way to reduce weight as being in the water means less pressure is put on the joints as when compared to exercising in the gym.
- This exercise can be turned into a family activity as swimming is done by people of different age groups.
To conclude, it can be seen that swimming is not only a recreational activity but also an effective exercise for weight loss and to maintain a healthy body.